I’ve been obsessed with skincare for as long as I can remember. I started getting terrible acne when I was in fifth grade, so I became interested in how to best take care of my skin long before my peers seemed to.
I still get breakouts, though my acne isn’t remotely comparable to what it was when I was a kid. My skin can also be dry simultaneously, plus I am in my 30’s and need to start taking anti-aging into consideration . . . so I’ve got a few things to consider when it comes to seeking skincare remedies.
I shared my nighttime skincare routine on Snapchat a little while ago and quite a few people were asking me about it, so I thought I would share it again, this time with a little more detail about the products.
1) Dr. Lancer Contour Decollete: My dermatologist recommended this cream for my neck and chest area. If I could go back in time and give myself one piece of beauty advice, it would be to treat the skin on my neck and chest with as much care as the skin on my face. I always focused so much on my face and never really thought about extra moisturizer or anything for my neck and chest, but the skin in those areas is just as delicate and prone to aging as the skin on your face. It’s important to treat it with care even if you don’t have any visible issues with those areas right now.
2) The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash: I love the Body Shop. Their products smell so good and I love it that they are cruelty free. This wash is a favorite of mine because the tea tree oil fights blemishes, yet this wash does not dry out my skin. It is also excellent for removing makeup. So good, in fact, that I also use it to clean my makeup brushes.
3) Retrouve Revitalizing Eye Concentrate: Ok, so this one is hella expensive, but I am on a MISSION to improve the skin around my eyes. The texture of this cream is so amazing and it leaves the skin around my eyes so soft. If anyone has a less expensive nighttime eye cream they swear by, please share in the comments section!
4) OleHenriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster: I use this orange-scented serum on the parts of my face that feel extra dry or need a little extra care. I don’t know if topical creams can really boost your collagen production (sounds doubtful to me), but I love the extra moisture and the scent this product provides.
5) The Body Shop Tea Tree Gel: do you ever get those blemishes that are painful when they start to come in? If so, dab this tea tree gel on top of it, and it will go away, usually overnight. This product works great on all breakout blemishes.
6) Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream: This old favorite has stood the test of time for a reason. This is the best moisturizer and all-around youth-ifier I have ever tried. A less expensive product that can be substituted is Pond’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream.
7) Smith’s Rosebud Salve Lip Balm: Don’t forget your lips! Have you ever noticed that some lip balms leave your lips worse off than you started and then it turns into this addictive, vicious cycle? Rosebud Salve won’t do that, plus it comes in two great scents (mint and mocha) in addition to the original formula.
What skincare products do you love? Let me know in the comments section!